Internal Extra Curricular After School Clubs (teacher led)
Our vision is to give every child an opportunity to participate in at least one internal extracurricular club per academic year, free of charge. Each internal club runs for approximately a half term so that we can share the available opportunities amongst all the children. Please see the link below to the internal clubs available this year for each year group.
How to sign up
At the beginning of the academic year, you will receive a letter outlining all the clubs running each term, throughout the year. The letter will include a link to a Google Booking Form to sign your child up to a club for the first half term.
At the end of each half term, you will receive a further letter to sign your child up to a club for the next half term.
If your child is successful in securing a place at a club you will receive an email from the year group leader. If you do not receive an email, then unfortunately your child will not have been allocated a place but please do not worry as there will be plenty of opportunities over the rest of the academic year.
Club Rules and FAQs
By selecting a club you will automatically be agreeing to our club rules:
- All club members will be registered promptly at the beginning of the club. All home contact details must be current so that parents can be contacted in the event of the child present for school but absent from the club.
- If a child is unable to attend a club then the teacher leading the club must be notified beforehand, please email email@example.com before 12.30pm.
- If your child is absent from school due to illness please mention that they will not be attending the club when you call the school.
- If a child misses two sessions without a valid reason, or is collected late on two occasions, their place will be offered to another child.
- Internal Extra Curricular clubs will finish promptly, so please be on time to collect your child.
- Y5 & Y6 Children only – parents/carers should use the Google Booking Form to indicate if their child has permission to walk home alone after the club.
How will my child know where to go?
Clubs run from the end of the school day and children will go directly from their class to their club room.
Can my child go to Sunset after their club finishes?
If your child normally attends Sunset, please indicate on the Google Booking Form if you would like your child to be taken to Sunset at the end of the club.
Can my child walk home alone?
Children in Y5 & Y6 are permitted to walk home alone if permission is granted via the Google Booking Form. All other children in Y1-Y4 must be collected at the end of the club.
Can I collect my child from the West Gate?
Children will be dismissed from the East Gate and then the Lower West Gate. Please buzz on the buzzer to access the Top West Gate. West Gate collection is only available for clubs finishing before 4.30pm.
What happens if my child does not attend their internal club?
If your child is absent from school due to illness please mention that they will not be attending the club when you call the school.
If a child misses two sessions without a valid reason, or is collected late on two occasions, their place will be offered to another child.
What clubs are available? What year groups can attend? When do they start? How do I sign my child up for the club?
You will receive a letter each half term with details of all clubs running in the proceeding half term and a link to a Google Form to book your child’s place.